Thursday, October 4, 2012

First Post!

Welcome to my blog, internet! My name is Patrick Pastor and week by week I will be exploring the role social difference plays in Los Angeles. I’m a geography major and decided to take this class because of my fascination with how diversity shapes a city. I have lived in the Los Angeles Metropolitan area since I was two years old. I believe have an understanding of how social difference has shaped the looks and inner workings of this city through living and spending time in vastly different neighborhoods. Yet, I know that the impressions instilled in me do not necessarily represent how the city really is. There is so much to explore and understand. I will be traveling to a different location in the Los Angeles area every week and providing both my own description and analysis. Los Angeles is such a unique and diverse city and I believe that there is many surprises waiting for us in the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment